Thursday, September 30, 2010

Precious

“Glitter-Less And Glorious”
I was very touched with the movie “Precious” shown in the class today. This movie is about Mo’Nique as a single mother who hates and blames her daughter for the lack of love in her life. The daughter, nick-named Precious, is played by newcomer Gabourey Sidibe in one of the year’s strongest performances as an overweight pregnant teen trying to have an education despite every social obstacle she faces. This is a special film filled with a winning spirit.
In my opinion, this story actually tells us the need for being care for every students especially if they behave abnormally and score badly in class as they might have some big problems and might need helps. Supports to these kind of students is very important in order to make them relieve and be positive in their life.

3 comments:

  1. the movie teach us that everyone has a second chance to live their life all over again.....for Precious, the life she had was a torment for her,but she can start a new with a new family. it doesn't have to be bloodties,even a freind can be a family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The movie was great. The way she faces all the obstacles in her life was amazing. I am really grateful of what i have given with especially my family. I cannot imagine what will happen to me if I was the character. I am sure that everyone is praying not to have a mother like the main character's mother.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know murni, to go through high school is not easy!But I look up to Precious for her strength in going through the difficulties in her life and be able to rise above all that. That's an attitude worth to be followed

    ReplyDelete